- Text Size +

Bring Him Home Chapter 42

 

****I don't usually do this but I will warn you there is a reference to Jacob attacking a woman in this chapter, it's close to the end so I will mark it for you, in case you want to skip it.*****

 

"Yes, that is very true Leah. You completely destroyed my life and for what? To help one of your friends cover up the fact she was sleeping with her professor".

 

Edward just stood looking at Leah, waiting for her to answer. I looked at his face and he was calm and very controlled. Thinking about it I was probably expecting him to totally freak out just like Emmett had predicted, but he didn't, he just stood waiting for Leah.

 

"Edward I can't be anywhere near you, it's part of my sentence, I didn't know you were going to be here, I swear, so I‘ll go" Leah was looking decidedly sickly.

 

"Please Jacob let's leave, I need to go" she was almost pleading as she tried to pull his bulk off my couch.

 

"No Leah, not until you get an apology for what he did to you and I get the satisfaction of seeing him taken away in handcuffs" Jacob was adamant.

 

"That's not going to happen I'm afraid. Edward is innocent and when Leah gets the guts she will tell you why she is the person in this room who has a conviction and not Edward". I was livid as I stood up for Edward. I should have sorted out Jacob months ago, and if I had then all of this could have been avoided. Now Edward knew I knew about his past and I hadn't told him at any point that I did.

 

As that thought swirled around my brain and I tried to make sense of it, the door opened again and Jasper walked in.

 

"What the hell do I pay security charges for in this building if people can just turn up at my door?" I screamed as he put his hand on my shoulder.

 

"There is no one on the front desk Bella so as I came up I called 911, I noticed blood droplets on the floor and the flower arrangement that is usually on the desk is all over the floor behind it"

 

"What the fuck did you do to the doorman?" I asked Jacob as he tried to stand up. He realised he was now outnumbered and the police were on the way, but suddenly I really didn't want him to leave.

 

I walked up to him and pushed him hard in the chest so he fell backwards back onto the couch.

 

"You are not going anywhere until the police get here, and I will ask you again, what have you done with Albert?"

 

His usual cocky arrogant persona suddenly came back as he cracked his knuckles and slammed one fist into the palm of his other hand.

 

"Well fiancée, you'll be happy to know that I can look after myself, I can throw a punch quite well thanks to his brother", he pointed at Edward "Taught me all I know. I can hold my own against any man and when the anger I feel inside gets too much, well I just go out and beat up a tramp or two, in fact my boys and I made a real mess of one in the park a while back"

 

I suddenly felt very sick, so it was Jacob and the guys from the elevator who had beaten up Edward, it was too much of a coincidence that they had just attacked some other homeless person in the park.

 

"How much longer will the police be?" I asked Jasper

 

"They are on their way but I can't be exact why?"

 

"Well Jacob has just confessed to beating up Edward and I want to make sure charges are brought against him"

 

"What the fuck! I never confessed to anything. All I said was that sometimes I need to release some anger and it just so happens we came across a tramp asleep on a park bench a while back. In all honesty we did the city a favour removing the rubbish" he was just digging himself in deeper.

 

"Bella it's ok I've recorded everything on my phone, we can give that to the police when they arrive" Jasper said with a smile. "I also followed your suggestion about the DNA on Edward when he was in the hospital, we had no match until I checked it against the chocolates, that was a positive match but we still don't know who it belongs to."

 

Suddenly Leah face paled even more. "You took my chocolates from the apartment?" she asked Jacob

 

"Yeah I needed the box to send something to Isabella here to give her conscience a nudge" Now Jacob was the one looking confused.

 

"Jacob did you eat any of the chocolates?" Jasper asked him with a sneer on his face.

 

"Err no why?"

 

"Well unless Leah was with you when you beat up the tramp, let's just say someone who was with you that afternoon has recently been eating chocolates with Miss Leah here, his DNA was found in both places" Jasper was almost laughing as he watched Jacob try and sort out what all this meant.

 

"Jacob it's not what you think. I was feeling unloved and used, you spent so much time here with Bella that I missed you, Quill just came around to keep me company" she was almost shaking as she made her confession but I could see the moment that Jacob connected all the dots.

 

"Err before you say anything Jacob I think Leah has the right to know just how many times you have actually been in my apartment don't you?" I could see Jacob was close to losing it and I knew Leah was going to flip too.

 

"Leah this is the first time Jacob has ever been here, not only that I've hardly seen him since the night in the diner, and when I have it's been a quick meeting"

 

"WELL, WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN FOR NIGHTS ON END WHILE I'VE BEEN SAT AT HOME WAITING FOR YOU?" she screamed at him.

 

"Oh I think I can answer that" Jasper laughed

 

"Jacob here has a very deep and caring relationship with his Brother's best friend's wife. He's been helping her most nights to get over her loneliness" Jasper added as he threw some surveillance photos onto the table. They were very good pictures, it was obviously Jacob and a woman with long red hair, one I knew to be the demure Mrs Hunter from the video clip. Her hair was unmistakeable but everything else was different, gone were the cardigan, blouse, pearls and dress pants from the video clip, in its place a tight black mini skirt, stilettoes and a tiny tank top. They were obviously in a club dancing and by the looks on their faces they were having a ball. Something about the background jogged my memory but I couldn't place it.

 

Finally, there was a knock on the door and someone shouted "POLICE"

 

Jasper disappeared off to let them in and I turned to see if Edward was ok, but he was gone. I checked the kitchen area and the guest bathroom but no sign. I was just going to give up and go back to see if Jasper had seen him leave when I heard a sob from my bedroom.

 

I was torn then, should I go and see if he was alright or should I leave him to get himself together? I needed to see if Jasper needed any help and I wanted to know if poor Albert was ok. I stood for a few seconds trying to decide and I was just about to knock on my bedroom door when Jasper shouted me.

 

I took a deep breath and walked away leaving Edward to have a minute or two to gather himself.

 

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Thirty minutes later Jacob was led away in handcuffs under caution, not only for the assault on Albert who they had found beaten and tied up downstairs in a cupboard, but also for an assault on Leah. While everyone was talking trying to give the policeman all the details Jacob had finally reacted to the news that Leah had been entertaining Quill. She had apparently told him in no uncertain terms that Quill was a much better lover than he was, mainly because he'd had plenty of practice with all the time he'd been spending with Victoria.

 

Jacob had rushed her and wrapped his hands around throat and tried to strangle her and it had taken both policemen and Jasper to get him to release her. As soon as he was taken away Leah left to follow and bail him out. All I could hear was her shouting after him how much she loved him and that she would get him out, I guess love really is blind.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

"Where the hell did you get those photographs?" I asked Jasper as he tidied them up and popped them back into his bag.

 

"Well it was a pure coincidence, something I usually don't believe in. You know the video clip of Rosalie and the club she was in?  Alice and I decided to give it a try a few weeks back and we loved it so we went back again a few nights ago and guess who was there large as a life?" he said with a laugh.

 

"I may also have sent copies of these photographs to Mrs Hunter , her husband, Jacob's brother and for good measure Caius Volturi, just so see what happens" his smile said everything, he was very pleased with himself.

 

"I thought you didn't know where Sam Black was?" I was sure he told me that earlier on.

 

"Oh I knew where he was I just wanted to make sure that Esme wasn't in on this at all, I was 99.9 % certain but I had to be sure."

 

I sat down and felt the world settle on my shoulders, I may have sorted most things out but I still had Edward to deal with. I was just going to ask Jasper to stay and help when he looked towards my bedroom.

 

"I'll go down to the police station and make sure everything is processed correctly and hand over this recording on my phone. You talk to Edward, it will be better if the two of you are alone, but promise me if you can't get through to him tonight call Carlisle and Emmett immediately ok? He may need his family around him "

 

With that he left and my apartment was quiet again, I took a deep breath and walked towards my bedroom. My mind had imagined many different scenarios of getting Edward in here for the first time, but not like this. I had a feeling it was going to be a long night and not for reasons I might have hoped for.

 

 

 

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.