- Text Size +

Bring Him Home Chapter 41

 

 

 

"How do you know about Edward?" this had suddenly become creepy.  Jasper's words suddenly replaying in my head. Was I in danger?

 

Jacob looked like he was making himself at home, his feet all over my newly polished coffee table. I wasn't having that.

 

I walked towards him and knocked his feet off the table, "This is my home Jacob. Get out now, I don't want you here and I'm going to call the police. I should have organised that restraining order when Jasper first mentioned it". I was stood close enough to watch his face as I spoke at him, but he was totally blank as though nothing I'd said had registered.

 

"Jacob did you hear me? Get out now before I call the police"

 

Finally, something registered and he looked at me, "Go ahead, call them, I'd like to see his face when he realises the law has finally caught up with him. He may have got off all those years ago but he and I both know he did exactly what the papers accused him of. His Dad managed to buy off the police or something to make it all go away, I know because Leah told me, she was one of the girls he raped"

 

The venom on his face was obvious, he really believed what he was saying, whatever lies Leah had told him he had whole heartedly believed.

 

"Are you so stupid you think that one business man has enough clout and money to buy off the whole system Jacob? Do you think if Edward or anyone else had raped all those girls the police would have just swept it under the carpet and let him walk free?" I watched as he tried to take in what I had said.

 

"It happens all the time Isabella. Good people go to prison for things they didn't do, others get away with their crimes and some people suffer. My brother Sam for instance, he's serving a life sentence for something he didn't do and his best mate James, well he has been locked away for years for just defending himself"

 

He drew breath as the volume of his rant started to creep up.

 

"It does my fucking head in! Rich kids like Cullen get away with all sorts of crap while my brother and Sam are innocent men rotting away for, for....nothing. Well that is all going to change, we have a plan that will get them both out of prison."

 

His face was distorted with anger and I knew he was getting to a point where if Edward suddenly arrived he would take it out on him. I needed to diffuse the situation and quickly. Jacob needed to leave now, before Edward got here.

 

"Ok Jacob I believe you. How about you come to my office tomorrow and we'll speak to my attorney, maybe he can help us start looking at ways to get them both out?" I started to move towards the door hoping he would follow me.

 

"I'm not going anywhere Isabella; I want to see Cullen" he said as he stayed seated on my couch.

 

My first reaction was to try and lift him and drag him out of the door, but I knew that was a nonstarter. He was far too big for me to deal with and I couldn't bring myself to try and charm him out of the apartment, in fact everything about him screamed weirdo to me now, why the hell hadn't I listened to my own instincts and even more so to Jasper? I decided it was probably easier to delay Edward, so I quickly sent him a text telling him I was running late and that I‘d meet him at the cinema. Hopefully that would give me enough time to get rid of the psychotic loon on my couch.

 

Jacob sat there staring into space not speaking. I was at a loss what to say, I tried to start a conversation each time telling him to leave but he just seemed to shut down. The third time I tried to get a response I started to get worried, I was running out of time so I did the only thing I could think of, I called Jasper.

 

"Jacob I need to use the bathroom, I‘ll just be through here" I said to him as I made my way out of the room and into my bedroom. Here I could speak to Jasper without worrying about Jacob over hearing.

 

"Hey Bella what's up?" he answered almost instantly.

 

"Err Jasper I have a problem and he's sitting on my couch and won't leave"

 

"Who, Edward?"

 

"No I'm supposed to be meeting him, but it's Jacob that's sitting on my couch, he wants to talk to Edward"

 

"Why on earth would he want to speak to Edward? How does he even know him?" I could hear the confusion in Jaspers voice as he tried to catch up with what was going on.

 

"Oh that is easy, apparently Leah is one of the girls who accused Edward, she has told Jacob everything and he wants to get justice I think".

 

"Ahh, that would explain why Leah's DNA is in the system, most of the girls were charged with perverting the course of justice, they were given suspended sentences" Jasper explained.

 

"What I am going to do Jasper? He won't leave" I was getting desperate now and running out of time to meet Edward.

 

"Just sit tight Bella, text Edward and tell him you are going to be late, I'm on my way over now."

 

He didn't even bother saying goodbye, my phone just beeped with a weird noise and he was gone.

 

I made my way back to the main room and Jacob was still just staring at the wall.

 

"Would you like a drink of anything?" I was trying desperately to stay calm but all I could think about was Edward.

 

The knock on the door startled me, I wasn't expecting anyone and no one should be able to get up here without being announced or me knowing they were coming and pre-arranging it with the front desk. As I threw open the door I wasn't sure who I would find, but it certainly wasn't Leah.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as she pushed past me.

 

"I followed Jacob, I wanted to see what it was you had that keeps him interested, all he's done is talk about you for the past few months and it's starting to get right on my tits"

 

She walked into the main sitting area and stood in front of Jacob, "Well hello lover, surprised to see me?"

 

Jacob took a few seconds to realise anyone had spoken to him, but her voice must have got through somewhere because he turned and looked at her.

 

"Leah what are you doing here?" it might have been my imagination but he wasn't that pleased to see her.

 

"I wanted to know what you were doing here and what it is that's going on with you and Miss Prissy Knickers here." She reached forward and touched his cheek, a real look of love on her face. In that instant I felt a little sorry for her, she really did love him.

 

"Oh I came to see your rapist. It just so happens that Isabella here is actually dating Edward Cullen, not only that but he is also the brother of that Neanderthal who owns the gym in my office block. He was talking to his girlfriend earlier about Isabella going on a date tonight with his brother so I thought I'd come along and say hi".

 

Leah's face changed colour several times before finally settling on a horrible motley, patchy sour cream colour.

 

"Jacob we need to leave. I can't be within 500 meters of Cullen for at least another four years, it was part of my sentence," she was trembling and I could see her hands were shaking. Leah was really scared about something.

 

"But he needs to be punished Baby. You know how hard it is for James and Sam, both of them locked up for something they didn't do. I want to make Cullen pay"

 

I was so engrossed with the conversation I didn't hear Edward walk in through the door I hadn't got around to closing. Suddenly he was standing right beside me listening to the conversation between Leah and Jacob on my couch.

 

"Ed.."  I started to say but he shook his head and put a finger to his lips, telling me to be quiet.

 

"He's paid enough already Jacob. He's lost his Mom and has to live with the fact he was talking to her when she crashed the car and not only that he's been living away from his family for years, his whole world was shattered by what we did".

 

"Yes, that is very true Leah. You completely destroyed my life and for what? To help one of your friends cover up the fact she was sleeping with her professor".

 

 

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Thank you as ever to AJG who has worked wonders on the next few chapters.

You must login (register a new account) to review.