- Text Size +

Bring Him Home - Chapter 4

 

As we settled into our new offices it didn't take long for us to realise things would have to change because we had moved into the city centre. The traffic was causing a nightmare for some of the women, especially the ones with children and we were all having to adapt to taking longer to get anywhere when we went out to see clients. The elevators in the building were always busy and the cafes and shops on the ground floor were extortionately priced and that was only if you could actually get a table. The only good thing apart from the address was the gym in the basement; we got a free membership for up to 10 employees so luckily we could all use it.

 

 After talking to Esme the first thing I did was organise Self-defence classes for everyone, it was compulsory and during work time because I wanted everyone safe. To make sure everyone attended I got Emmett the gym manager to arrange them during the hour before the lunch time rush and then I bought lunch for everyone. We made it a regular date once a week, everyone was getting some exercise and learning self-defence and we had time to have a bite to eat together and make sure everyone had time to just catch up. Once that self-defence course was over we talked about doing some cardio work outs, maybe yoga or even just working out in the gym. Whatever followed the program would keep rotating to keep everything fresh.

 

Today is self-defence day and as we all trail downstairs, Judy stays behind to man the phones. We take it in turn and it's hers today and she is really not happy about it, "It's the only time now I get to throw a man down on the floor" she shouts as we file out of the office.

 

We all get changed into our t shirts and leggings and start to make our way into the separate room we have booked. As we sit in a circle and start the warm up exercises we've been shown, Rosalie finally joins us in the tiniest shorts and bra top I have ever seen.

 

"Shit Rosalie! Why don't you at least give the poor guy a chance? He has got to teach a class remember" Alice laughs as she teases Rosalie.

 

"If he can concentrate on the class then he's not the guy for me" Rosalie answers her back as she hitches the bra down at touch revealing even more cleavage.

 

"Just a minute you can't mean our instructor Alan, he is married isn't he?" I ask appalled that she was going to try and seduce a married man.

 

"OH Boss don't you read anything in the buildings magazine? Alan has gone off to work with the peace corp or a missionary or something for 18 months, Emmett is taking over the class and he is one hell of a hunk of meat" she replied licking her lips.

 

"Don't you have enough going on in your love life at the present time?" I asked her not entirely sure who she was actually seeing right now.

 

"No it's boring at the moment, I need a new distraction and he looks as though he could be man enough to keep up".

 

With that she started to stretch out, her body was incredible shape and none of us could actually stop ourselves from staring at her, I knew she was heavily into her yoga but the positions she was able to get her body in to were incredible.

 

"Well fuck me I'm going to enjoy today's lesson I can tell that already, Good afternoon ladies my name is Emmett and I'm here to teach you self-defence. Now who wants to be first on my mat?"

 

The whole lesson suddenly became the Rosalie and Emmett show, so the rest of us mainly sat around as Emmett tried his best to school us once more in the positions Alan had been showing us over the past three weeks, sadly he was trying to do it without taking his eyes off Rosalie, he was so engrossed he wasn't really able to stay focused and the session really just became a giggle fest as we all watched the strange mating ritual. In the end we left them to it in the gym, Emmett trying desperately to show Rosalie some manoeuvre or other that he assured her could save her life one day. By the time we were all showered and ready to go back to the office there was no sign of Rosalie, Alice volunteered to find her but quickly caught up with us.

 

"Erm boss I think Rosalie maybe busy for the rest of the afternoon" she said before bursting into laughter. "You know I'd read about that position but Jazzie promised me it wasn't possible, well now I know it is" she said as she made for her desk. I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about and I presumed I was probably better off not knowing.

 

The rest of the week was hilarious, Rosalie was walking about with a smile that resembled the Cheshire cat's and Emmett started to spend more time in our office than the gym he owned. I actually asked him a couple of times if he wanted a job with us but he just laughed and said he had his hands full making sure Rosie was happy. The fact she didn't kill him for calling her Rosie spoke volumes.

 

The classes were a big help for Esme, they helped her feel safe and that seemed to build her confidence, she opened up to everyone in the office and Judy said she was a joy to share her home with. The divorce had gone through quickly and quietly, her attorney making sure that her husband had no idea where she was now. It was almost possible to see her blossoming as she shed more and more of her past life. We had started house hunting for her, all of us keeping an eye out for a secure apartment block where she would feel safe. I knew one of my contacts would find her something eventually so I wasn't worried; for the moment she was happy and well cared for at Judy's place.

 

We needed one more person to complete the team, I needed an organiser. Someone who could work with our clients to organise and run their events for them. It was another string to our bow, we could offer everything they needed PR wise and this was an added extra. If they were having a corporate day or even just a staff barbeque, we would take over all the organising for them so they didn't have to worry. That was my next task, to find the best event organiser in the city, but not necessarily the most well-known or the most expensive. I wanted someone who flew under the radar but who all the suppliers, caterers and staff at the top hotels knew.

 

I found the person a couple of months later, I was at a wedding supplies convention one lunch time, I'd gone purposely so I could talk to the stall holders, I wanted to know who they enjoyed dealing with and the same name came up a couple of times. It took me one meeting to offer Bree Tanner a job, at first she wanted to keep her own company going so I agreed she could for six months, and then we would make a final decision. I knew I had completed my team, we were a happy band of 10.

 

Ok so we have a complete team, and I'm sure in the next chapter or two we may meet you know who.......

You must login (register a new account) to review.