- Text Size +

Bring Him Home Chapter 34

 

EPOV

 

By the time I got back home I was sweating and shaking.  It was ridiculous, I was a grown man, one that had lived on the streets for the past six years and witnessed things that would give most people nightmares. Yet here I was, driving away from Bella, someone I really wanted to get to know, running home to talk to my Dad about how I should talk to her. She had a right to know what had happened, she needed to make her mind up for herself if she wanted to get involved with me.

 

"Edward son, you're back early, I wasn't expecting you for a couple of hours yet at least"

 

"Hi Dad, yes things didn't go quite as I planned unfortunately. I took Bella to ‘Platt's' thinking I would be comfortable around Mom's things but it had the opposite effect on me. I struggled to settle and I suppose it showed. Then she asked me in for coffee and I really panicked" I could feel myself shaking slightly, I suddenly felt warm and needed to unbutton the collar of my shirt.

 

"Oh Son, when will you realise you did nothing wrong? You can't carry this with you any longer, you need to let go and live your life, your Mom would not want this Edward, she would want you to get on with your life, meet someone, fall in love and have a family and a proper life."

 

I understood what he was saying, all of it was true, but I just couldn't seem to let go. Everything that had happened to me was so deeply ingrained that I saw accusations and danger everywhere. What were Bella's intentions for inviting me in for coffee? Was she just going to make us a hot drink and want to chat or was it more sinister? Hell I couldn't even cope with the thought no one knew she was with me.

 

I said good night and made my way to my childhood bedroom.  I was so grateful it was still untouched, in my own way at night as I lay in my bed I could still pretend I was in high school, that my college years hadn't happened and I was about to start them again. It was only when I was fully awake that I realised I was actually a 27-year-old man still living at home with no plans, as yet no degree and no life to speak of.

 

I needed to find a way to move on and if that meant spending more times with Alex my therapist, then I would have to. I wanted to move on, but more than that I needed to.  I wanted to spend time with Bella, to get to know her properly, maybe even try and have some kind of relationship with her, but I couldn't do that at the moment, tonight if it had shown me anything, it made that clear, but it was something to aim for.

 

Jasper POV

 

I was seriously annoyed, Caius Volturi was really beginning to get on my nerves, I had located the second computer system he had but I just couldn't get into it. I had found his home office, I tapped into just about anything in his home that had any sort of computer or Wi-Fi attached to it but he had left his laptop turned off and unplugged. I had hacked into his home surveillance system and had a good look around his place, I had played with his heating system, turned his fridge temperature up and down and even turned his television and cable system on and off while he was sitting in front of it. What he wouldn't do was turn on his laptop so I could have a good look around it.

 

I had 95 % of the information I needed, or so I thought, I knew he had been hired by a woman, the present Mrs Hunter, who was trying to prove that her new husband had been imprisoned on what she called ‘flimsy evidence'. I could easily see from the research that Caius had done, that he was looking into Esme's ex-husband's case, he was trying to get information so he could push for a retrial with new evidence based on fact that Esme had fabricated ‘most' of the evidence submitted at the trial. The reasoning was that Esme was having an affair with someone at the hospital, they were hurting her intentionally so she could record her injuries, helping her to get a divorce and disappear with her secret lover. All this information seemed to come from Hunter and his new wife but Caius was having trouble finding any collaborating evidence.

 

The main problem Caius seemed to be having was that he couldn't find any trace of the supposed secret lover or anything out of the ordinary about Esme's hospital visits. Her visits showed no pattern and different ER doctors and nurses had attended to her and photographed her. Personally I would have expected that but Caius was hoping this was a lead he could follow. What I really needed was to have a look at the next video he had ready, I knew he had assured Bella he wouldn't be releasing it anytime soon but I needed to see what the next piece of information was he had that he felt he needed to keep on a separate system.

 

I had enough information to go and talk to Esme directly. I needed to let her know what I had found and I was toying with the idea of actually getting Esme and Caius together so they could talk, not exactly the norm I know but Caius would only need to speak to her for about 10 minutes and if he was even half the investigator I was sure he was, he would know he had been played.

 

He had missed some vital information though that was sealed in juvenile files, it made very interesting reading once I was in, Esme's ex-husband was from Forks, Volturi had found that, but what he didn't know was that he had spent his young teenager years being an absolute pain in the ass to one Chief Swan. Looking at the dates it was early on in the Chief's career and Bella would have only been a young girl. I needed to ask her if she remembered anything about James Hunter and the guy who seemed to be his partner in crime and best friend at the time Sam Black.

 

As it is I'm becoming a bit of a stalker myself. I have got a secure link that is virtually unidentifiable into Caius's home security system so I can watch him. I check in and out every so often, trying to catch him on the other laptop because if I can get just a few seconds I'll have enough time to plant software that will allow me to look later at my leisure. I want to have a little bit more information before I make my findings public to Esme and Bella. I know it will ease the wonder of who is behind this, but it will also free Bella from thinking this is about her Business because it's not, not really.  I really need that next video though just to make sure. If he doesn't look at it tonight, then I may need to call in a few favours and get someone to go and visit Mr Volturi's home when I'm sure he's not there.

 

Carlisle POV

 

I'm really beginning to worry about Edward, hah that's a laugh, I've been worrying about him day in day out for the last six years or so. I thought once I had him home I would be able to relax but it seems that all that's happened is that I ‘ve replaced one set of worries with another.

 

My boy is finally home. I know he is well medically fit, well fed, warm, safe and has all the creature comforts I can provide as his Father, but what I can't do is ease his soul and his mind. His therapist tells me he is progressing and it is only a matter of time before he comes to realise he had no hand in what happened to his Mother or could have seen what that lying bitch that tore his heart out was up to.

 

He needs to start living again, in the present, not the past and I'm hoping that Bella is the person to help him.

 

 

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

Thank you to AJG and Edlovesme for all there help an a special big thank you to ladyletters who at the time didn't even realise she helping. I do have some weird and wonderful conversations with you three xx

You must login (register a new account) to review.