- Text Size +

Bring Him Home - Chapter 14

 

"Oh shit" he screamed as he slammed down the lid of his lap top and picked up his phone, whoever he was calling was on speed dial as he pressed a couple of buttons and waited for an answer.  Finally someone answered him and all he said was "Dad I think I've found Him".

 

I kept looking at Emmett waiting for him to explain what he meant, he obviously knew Edward but I didn't understand why he was calling his Dad. The call was very one sided so I couldn't really gauge what the other person was saying. Emmett seemed to be answering everything with a grunt and a groan and the occasional word. Finally he said goodbye and put the phone down,

 

"Ok, where did you arrange to meet him and when?"  Suddenly Emmett was all business like and interested. Part of me didn't want to share the information but I knew Edward had really put himself out to try and contact Emmett.

 

"Tonight in the park at 7.00pm, I told him I would try and get you to meet him there."

 

"Bella that is great, come and meet me down here at 6.30pm and we'll walk to the park, you can show me the bench and I'll sit and wait for him."

 

"Don't you want me to come with you? I mean I've met him a couple of times, he'll feel safer with me there, I think." For some reason it was important for me to be there, I felt very protective of Edward and I wanted to make sure he was going to be ok. I had to giggle as it struck me that in the early hours of this morning I was worrying I was leading Emmett into an ambush and now I'm worrying about Edward.

 

"Bella if he is the person I'm hoping he is, well let's just say he will be fine, he won't need you to hold his hand I promise."

 

"Well who are you expecting, who is this Edward?" my curiosity was really kicking in now.

 

"I'd rather not say at the moment Bella, just in case, but as soon as I'm sure I will let you know"

 

"Well I'm sorry that's not good enough Emmett, I need to know what is happening here and why you needed to call your Dad. Who have you been looking for and why do you think that person is Edward?"

 

"Bella please, until I meet this guy, well let's just say that nothing else matters other than seeing him in the flesh. As soon as I know if it's him or not, well then I can start to explain. If it's not him well frankly the rest of this is none of your business, so please leave it for the time being"

 

With that Emmett sat back in his chair and crossed his arms. I could see I had hit a nerve and that there was a big family secret simmering under the surface somewhere, but he wasn't about to divulge it any time soon so I confirmed I would see him at 6.30pm and left his office.

 

I made my way back upstairs and tried to get on with what I already knew was going to be a long day.

 

"Boss, quick get in here" Rosalie was shouting as I walked back in to the office.

 

"What on earth is the problem now Rosalie?"

 

"Another video has been released and this time I'm the star" her voice was icy cold so I knew this was not a good thing.

 

"Let's have a look then" I said as she turned the laptop towards me.

 

The sight that met me is something I will probably never forget, Rosalie was in a club or a bar somewhere and she was totally oblivious to the fact she was being filmed, she was with a guy and a girl and they were having an intimate moment all together. Rosalie's shirt was open and her breasts exposed and while the man's mouth was attached to one of her nipples Rosalie was sharing a very deep kiss with her girlfriend.

 

"Boss,while I don't give a shit about the fact I have a sex tape out there, what does bother me is that fact that they are using it to get at the company."

 

I didn't follow what she was getting at until she clicked back to the beginning of the video an there across the start of the video was a message

 

WOULD YOU BE COMFORTABLE KNOWING YOUR ‘ALL FEMALE PR COMPANY' LIKES TO CELEBRATE A NEW CAMPAIGN LIKE THIS?

 

"I wouldn't mind Bella but this, this happened months ago, in fact I'd say it's at least three months old, I haven't seen her in ages" Rosalie said pointing at the female.

 

"I take it Emmett hasn't seen this yet?" I asked her as I turned away from the laptop. It was one thing knowing about Rosalie attitude to her body and sex but quite another actually seeing it.

 

"Probably not, I'll tell him later" she said as I heard the music of the video start up again.

 

"Damn I look good" she said as she watched herself on the screen.

 

"Will it cause a problem for you and Emmett?" I really didn't want to think someone who obviously wanted to hurt my business could start to hurt my friends.

 

"No it won't, he has already met Seth, he guy in the video with me, and I have been very open and honest about how I live my life, so don't worry boss we'll be fine."

 

"Well can we assume that this has been sent to all our clients, because if it has we need to start with the calls again?" I still hadn't put my purse down or made it to my office and I already had a headache, what a great start to the day.

 

"Well Bella to be honest I don't think we should react to this, it is just me on a night out, I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle and I refuse to apologise for it." she stood with her arms crossed in front of her and I had to admit, what she did in her spare time was nothing to do with the company.

 

"OK we won't make a big deal of it, but if we get any negative calls or lose any clients then I'm going to the police"

 

"There's no need to do that Bella, Jasper is on it" Alice said from behind me, I didn't even realise she was there.

 

"Alice in all the time you've been here, you've never said what Jasper does for a living, is he a police officer?" Rosalie asked

 

"Oh no nothing like that, in fact I'm not quite sure myself, I know he works in a secret bunker somewhere about an hour away from here, but whenever I ask him what he does there he just tells me that if he told me he'd have to kill me and that he doesn't want to do that, so I'm better off not knowing"

 

Alice imparted the information without the slightest edge of sarcasm or laughter so I knew she was deadly serious.

 

"I've told him about the second video and given him the you tube address, he says he's looking into it, and if he can't he knows a man that can" Alice said as she pressed play again on the clip.

 

"You know Rosie Posy I really fancy going to that bar, where is it?" Alice asked her.

 

"First of all Pixie, do not call me that, and second why would you want to go to that bar?

 

"Don't call me Pixie then" she said before confirming something we all already knew," Jazz and I have a very healthy and adventurous sex life, I'm always looking for new things for us to try" she explained.

 

As Judy put another cup of coffee and two headache tablets in my palm, I listened as Rosalie gave Alice directions to the bar and a general run down of the clientele and what happens on a normal night out. This day was going from bad to worse and it was still only 10.00am.

 

The rest of the day drifted by, I finally managed to get Alice to give me Jasper's number so I could speak to him.  When he was able to actually find ten minutes to talk to me, he assured me he was dealing with things and he was getting closer to the person who had posted the two videos. I couldn't get him to tell me what he did for a living but he assured me there was no point in going to the police at the moment because they didn't have anywhere near the amount of  resources he had access to.

 

 I spoke to some of my clients to make sure everything was ok and then I spent an hour on my social media sites making sure I kept up to date with my postings. Lunch came and went and while the phones were relatively quiet we had no complaints or negative calls.

 

Finally it was 6.00pm and I was starting to get jumpy, I wanted to go downstairs but I knew Emmett would have a class so I tried to keep myself busy, two rounds of Candy Crush later I was too distracted to concentrate so I made my way downstairs.

 

I knew Emmett was struggling as soon as I saw him, I was twenty minutes early and he already had his jacket on and he was waiting at the gym door.

 

"Anxious are we?" I laughed but the look on his face told me this was serious.

 

"No not anxious, a little scared maybe, apprehensive and hoping to all that is holy that it is who I think it is" he was being very cryptic but I was sure he'd fill me in sooner or later.

 

"Come on then, let's go, there is always the chance he will be there early waiting for us" I said as I clasped Emmett's arm and pulled him out into the foyer.

 

"Shit, I never thought of that, I could have gone to the park earlier and just looked for him" he said almost to his self.

 

I stayed quiet after that comment, Emmett was jumpy and it was like trying to keep a puppy on a lead, he was walking too fast for me to keep up, my little legs no match for his giant strides. Finally we reached the entrance to the park and I took us around the path until we reached the bench I'd seen him on.

 

There was a figure huddled on the bench, I knew instantly it wasn't Edward so I just kept walking towards it. Emmett though hadn't realised and as he ran towards the bench shouting "Edward" he startled the poor person who had been resting there. The young guy ran off leaving Emmett swearing and cursing at his own stupidity.

 

"I didn't mean to frighten him off" he said looking at me.

 

"Don't worry it wasn't Edward" I said as I made myself comfortable. I wasn't going anywhere until I was sure Edward was ok and Emmett was just going to have to cope with that.

 

So another video and maybe a little closer to finally meeting our homeless guy.

 

As ever thanks to AJG and edlovesme for putting up with my emails and question at all times of the day and night. I really should have worked out the time differences by now !!

 

Also a big thankyou to Gabby1017 for including me in her list of suggested reads, I'm very grateful x

 

 

 

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.