- Text Size +

Bring Him Home - Chapter 13

 

I tossed and turned all night, I don't know whether I was nervous, anxious or just plain scared. I kept trying out the conversation in my head of how was I going to talk to Emmett, to explain that I needed him to meet a homeless guy called Edward who said he knew him. As the night wore on the scenario's got more and more extreme and it occurred to me this could all be a big set up and I was luring Emmett into an ambush. I suddenly had visions of Emmett being jumped in the park and me being left to sort out all the problems as I'd arrange the meeting. By 6am I'd long since given up trying to sleep and I was already at my desk. The gym opened at 7am and I knew Emmett was usually in early to work with some private clients who wanted a gym session before work. I tried to keep myself occupied, I made coffee and drank most of the pot so I made another pot, I watered the plants in reception even though we had a service that came in to do it. I rearranged the fruit in the bowl so the older stuff was on the top and then I had the mad idea to rearrange the reception furniture.

 

At eight o'clock Judy came through the door and just looked at me, after a long drawn out sigh she started to put everything back in its original place.

 

"Boss whatever is on your mind you need to deal with it. Please leave my furniture alone, it doesn't need moving, it's fine where it is"

 

"I looked at her and realised she was right, today was going to be a wasted day if I left everything to just fester.

 

"I'll be downstairs if you need me, I just need to speak to Emmett, I won't be long" I said as I grabbed my purse and left the office.

 

The gym was really busy, there were people trying to get a workout in before starting their professional day, classes starting up and the mother and baby brigade were getting ready to take over when the office staff went upstairs to start their work.

 

I looked for Emmett and finally found him putting a class through a gruelling spinning session. I failed to understand why anyone would want to get that hot and sweaty before work, but each to their own. I was much happier having a leisurely run around the park in the early evening, anything was better than dealing with the crowds. I stood watching the class for five minutes before I managed to catch Emmett's attention. I was starting to feel all hot and bothered, all those male physiques, sweaty lycra and the heady of smell of fresh sweat and male pheromones were getting to me. I may be severely lacking in the experience department but I was still alive and a normal female with urges. While I was technically still a virgin, I knew how to operate a vibrator and it's amazing what you can buy over the internet.

 

"Hey Bella, do you need something or are you here to just perv at the class?"

 

"I need to speak to you about something, but we will need some privacy, can we go somewhere where we can talk please?"

 

" I need ten minute to finish this up and then I ‘ll be free, what don't you go and grab a coffee and wait In my office?"

 

I looked at the view where I was and decided to stay exactly where I was!

 

Ten minutes later the class wound down and as I was trying to stay out of the way of all the incredibly sweaty bodies I heard someone call my name. I turned expecting to see Emmett but I was stunned to see Jake making his way from the back of the class.

 

"Well this is a lovely surprise, are you waiting for me?" he asked.  Seriously, the guy was deluded.  He thought I was waiting for him.

 

"Erm no sorry I didn't know you were there, I have some business with Emmett, I was waiting for him to finish the class so we could chat" I explained.

 

"You wound me pretty lady. First you don't call to thank me for the flowers, then you don't even notice me when I'm working out, this body is at its peak you know, I could take you to places I dare to bet you've never been to before and introduce you to sensations that will blow your mind." The smirk on his face made me shiver, I wasn't quite sure if he was actually even looking at me because there was a large mirror behind me. Maybe if I was lucky he could have actually been talking to himself.

 

"Bella I'm ready now, do you want to come through?" Emmett shouted saving me from Mr I love myself.

 

"Jake I need to go, it was very rude of me not to call and say thank you for the flowers, they really were lovely, so thank you" I said as I tried to move away from him.

 

"What about dinner Bella? Will you let me take you out for dinner? I won't stop asking until you agree so we might as well get the preliminaries out of the way. I know you are going to be in my bed sooner or later" he actually winked at me as he stated what he thought was a certainty.

 

I just stared at him.  I couldn't believe what he had just said. Luckily Emmett saved me by calling me again so I looked over to acknowledge I'd heard him.

 

I turned back to look at Jake who was once again admiring himself in the mirror, "I have to go I'll call you soon" I said as I left him flexing at himself, I don't think he even noticed I'd left the room.

 

"So Bella what can I do for you?" Emmett asked as we sat either side of the desk in his office. He passed me a bottle of water from the small fridge and waited for me to answer him.

 

"Emmett what I'm going to tell you Is probably going to sound really strange, but please hear me out and let me finish before you ask any questions ok?" he nodded and sat back in his chair.

 

I had already decided that I would just tell him everything, so I started with me waking into Edward, the video clip, the meeting in the park, him coming to my office and finally bumping into him at the shelter.  I stopped to take a huge swallow of water, both to steady my nerves and to lubricate my throat after getting all that information out in one go.

 

"Well that's an interesting story Bella but what has it got to do with me?" he asked

 

I'd left two important pieces of information out, both that he had asked for Emmett twice and that he was called Edward.

 

I took a deep breath and explained that the guy had admitted last night he was trying to get to see Emmett and that his name was Edward and he assured me that Emmett would know him.

 

I took another swallow of water as I watched the colour drain from Emmett's face, it was like watching a cartoon character. I could physically see the line slowly creep down his face taking the colour with it, down his face, neck and under the neck of his t shirt.

 

"Emmett are you ok?"

 

He nodded and took a drink of his water, he started to say something but stopped and took another drink.

 

"Did you say there was a video?" he asked as he opened his laptop and turned it towards me.

 

I typed in the address and hit enter trying to quietly guess how many hits it was up to now, as I saw the 1,750,000 figure in the corner I quickly turned the laptop back to Emmett. I heard him hit enter and then sat and waited to listen to myself lose it all over again. I was hoping he would watch it once and then tell me didn't know Edward, but as I listened to myself lose it for the fifth time I knew Emmett knew who Edward was.

 

"Oh shit" he screamed as he slammed down the lid of his lap top and picked up his phone, whoever he was calling was on speed dial as he pressed a couple of buttons and waited for an answer.  Finally, someone answered him and all he said was "Dad I think I've found him".

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.