[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Summary:

What do you do when someone tells you to believe in something you had never thought possible?


Rated: K
Categories: Twilight, Canon Pairings, All Human, Crossover Characters: Bella/Edward
Genre: Drama, Humor, Romance
Language: English
TWCS Romance Contest: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 10402 Read: 163354
Published: 13 May 2012 Updated: 17 Jun 2012
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

"Twilight" is owned by Stephenie Meyer. "Johnny Lingo and the Eight-Cow Wife" belongs to Patricia Mc Gerr.

A/N: This fan fic is a retelling of the short story "Johnny Lingo and the Eight-Cow Wife" by Patricia McGerr. (Not the movie, 'coz I only found out about it after I've written this fic.) The original story is in the first person point of view as narrated by a minor character, but this lil' fic of mine is written in Bella's point of view because I was always interested in what Sarita, the heroine, had to say about the matter. _

The setting is in Ford and Settle, fictional Pacific islands I made up by changing and omitting certain letters from the names of those places we are all too familiar with. Heh, pretty original, I know. LOL

Time period is contemporary, and the story may sound old-school but I imagine my islands are so small and remote that they are untouched by modernization and are not much different culturewise from what they were 40 years ago.

And just so you know, I was listening to "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars while writing this, which explains the cheesy, fluffy conversations. And the title. :)

1. Chapter 1 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (616 words)
Lots of thanks to my super cool betas from "Project Team Beta", JulieToo and Klooqy. You guys warm my heart!

2. Chapter 2 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1270 words)
Air kisses to my PTB betas Barkleybear19, Grey Paige, and mod Twimarti. You make my work look prettier than it really is. Thank you! :)

3. Chapter 3 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1484 words)
Thank you Edwardsfavoritebrunette, TDS88, and PTB mod Remylebeauishot for the awesome beta work. :))

4. Chapter 4 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1424 words)
Special thanks to my comma police, TDS88, jennej, and PTB mod Remylebeauishot. Your advice and book recc's are very much appreciated! :))

5. Chapter 5 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1139 words)
Hugs and kisses to my lovely betas from PTB, babykay16 and 2Shaes, for their awesome suggestions!

6. Chapter 6 by dweissa [Reviews - 1] (730 words)
Thank you Edwardsfavoritebrunette and Angelz1114577 for your waymazing beta skills! :-*

* "Bride price" is gold, cattle, or any other possession the groom gives the bride's family before the wedding. This is not the same as "dowry", which is something the bride's family gives to the groom. It was a common practice among people a long, long time ago, although it is still done nowadays is some Asian countries. It's an intriguing tradition, honestly. You guys can Google it if you want to know more. ;-)

7. Chapter 7 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1128 words)

 

My deepest gratitude to my awesome betas from PTB, SecretlySeverus and ChocolateMango. Thank you for your advice and encouragement! They mean a lot to me. It seems like everytime I go through my betas' hands I grow more as a writer. Or is it just me? LOL

 

8. Chapter 8 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (956 words)

 

Flowers and chocolates to my extremely dedicated PTB betas, Pain Jane and beautiful.nightmare.x. Reading, finding, and correcting errors seems like such a tiresome job. I don't know how these terrific gals do it! With the number of mistakes I've made, I would be giving up on me! But they surely didn't. I think betas are sorely underappreciated. Pain Jane and beautiful.nightmare.x, I hope you can feel my love all the way from down under! xoxoxo

 

9. Chapter 9 by dweissa [Reviews - 0] (1655 words)

 

 

Disclaimer: “Twilight” is owned by Stephenie Meyer. “Johnny Lingo and the Eight-Cow Wife” belongs to Patricia Mc Gerr.

This final chapter was beta'ed by Pain Jane and PTB moderator Lulu M. You don't know how much your inputs mean to me. I think they improved the outcome tenfold! To all the PTB betas who had guided me throughout this whole “Amazing” experience: I luff you guys with all my heart! ;-*