- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight or anything Twilight related expect for the character Lucas.

We get to see how Lucas and the Cullens get along and the decision the Cullens make. A lot of character’s POV in this chapter. Enjoy :)

 

 

Lucas’s POV

I yawned as I woke up. As I stretched, I winced and look to see that my arm was still in pain from the bear attack. I sat up and look around at where I’m at. Yep, this is definitely the Cullen’s house, which means that yesterday wasn’t a dream, and neither were they. That made me happy. I got out of bed, grabbed my bag and took a long shower. I forgot what it was like to have the warm water washing over you. It’s like all the pain has been washed away. Not wanting to waste a lot of their water, I ended the shower after five minutes. I pulled some spare clothes out of my bag. Good thing I cleaned them at a nearby river few days ago. I put on dark jeans and a black long sleeve shirt with a hoodie (A/N: Don’t know much about clothing). My old grey long sleeve v neck was tossed aside from the cut and amounts of blood showing. I tossed my bag next to the bed as I got out of the bathroom. I looked out the window; it was mostly cloudy with a bit of sun. I didn’t expect much from Forks with the weather, Lacey weather is pretty much the same. I went downstairs to see Carlisle and Esme in the kitchen.

“Morning.” They both said smiling.

“Morning.” I replied.

“Did you sleep well last night Lucas?” Carlisle asked.

“Slept like a baby if that’s what you were expecting to hear.” I said with a little laugh.

“Would you like some eggs?” Esme asked me as I said yes. Five minutes later, she handed me a plate of eggs. Carlisle later left the table to his studies.

“So where is everybody?” I asked as I took a bite of my eggs.

“Well Renesmee just left a few minutes ago to hang with Jacob, all the girls went shopping, although Bella is not really pleased about it,” So Bella’s not much of shopper huh, weird. “And all the boys decided to take a walk in the woods. They’ll be back soon.”

“Okay.” I said. After couple more bites of my eggs, I asked, “Hey Esme, if you don’t mind me asking, what made you and Carlisle decide to adopt Renesmee and the others?”

Esme’s POV

“Hey Esme, if you don’t mind me asking, what made you and Carlisle decide to adopt Renesmee and the others?”

He asked me that question so innocently. I have no reason to refuse to answer his question. I’ve already loved him as another one of my children. It just hurts hearing how he lost his family at such a young age. This boy deserved to have a family who never wanted to leave him.

I took a deep breath and smiled. “Well if you really want to know Lucas, it happened before I met Carlisle. I ran away from my then-husband when I found out I was pregnant. You see, I didn’t want my child to live in such a dangerous place since he was so abusive to me. When I gave birth to my son, he died two days after due to lung fever. I was so devastated to lose him at such a short time.”

Lucas, whose plate was finished, sat there and I noticed that there was a tear coming from his eyes. “I’m-I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay.” I said. “My life was completely empty. I felt like I have no reason to live anymore. That was until I met Carlisle. Seeing him gave me… ‘a new life’ and we fell in love. Unfortunately, I was unable to have another kid. So we decided to adopt since then. I may be sad of what I’m unable to have, but I’ll always think of Renesmee and the others as my own.”

Next thing I knew, Lucas came up to me and gave me one the biggest hugs I’ve ever received. A human mother would’ve felt her heart melt from so much love.

“Esme, I’ve already consider you another mother to me.” He said. That just makes me wanna hold him tighter. I would’ve have tears if I was human again.

“That means a lot.” I said.

After a few minutes, we broke apart. Then Lucas said, “Here Esme, let me take care of these for you.” He picked up his plate and took them to the sink.

“Oh you don’t have to do that.” I said, though I was touched by his kindness. His parents must have really raised him well.

“No really, it’s the least I could do for you.” Lucas said with a smile as he started washing the dishes. That just makes me love him even more.

After he was done, my husband came in. “Lucas, when you’re ready, can you meet me in my room? I just wanna check on your arm to see how it’s doing.”

“Sure Carlisle. Just give me five minutes.” Lucas said as he went upstairs. Carlisle turned to smile at me and left.

Carlisle’s POV

Hearing Esme talk about her story to Lucas always really takes me back. Oh how much I loved Esme. Seeing how kind Lucas is to her really shows how much he already loves her. I’m not sure how I can live up to that.

I was sitting in my room waiting for Lucas so I can check on his arm when I heard a knock. “Come in.” I said.

The door opened and Lucas appeared. “Hey Carlisle.” He said.

“Hey Lucas.” I said. “As I said, I’m gonna check on the progress of your arm.”

He nodded as I started to unwrap his arm until I see the cut. It wasn’t bleeding anymore just badly scarred now. “It looks like you just need some ointment for the cut. As for the pain you’ve been having, you’ll be given some pain killers to ease up. All that should heal in a few days, alright?”

“Okay then.” Lucas said. I got up and went to the cabinet containing all the medications. I found what I needed and sat back down to start giving the ointment. After that, I gave his arm another wrapping, and then gave him the pain killers which he took.

“Thanks Carlisle, you really know your stuff.” Lucas said.

I smiled. “Just doing my job to help people.”

“I can tell you’re the best doctor Forks has. Not just from health and injuries, but with well, with their lives. I mean look at what you did for Esme. You gave her a reason to live, to love again. She’s very lucky to have you in her life and I know everyone in your family would say the same thing.” Lucas said.

I didn’t know what to say. His words hit me like a shower coming to my heart which such kindness. I’ve heard many compliments before but none like the one I’m hearing right now.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and said, “Thank you Lucas. It's pleasant knowing that thanks to what I can do, some people's lives are better because I exist.”

His hand was on mine which really touched my heart. “You keep doing what you’re meant to do. It’s what people need you for.” Lucas said.

“I will.” I replied.

Lucas got up and said, “Thanks again Carlisle.”

“No Lucas, thank you.” I said. He smiled and left the room. I knew that I had a purpose in life but I never expect someone like Lucas to think that highly of me.

Edward’s POV

I was walking all the way back to the main house. I was with Jasper and Emmett for a little brotherly time until Emmett played a little joke on Jasper. I left them while they ‘deal’ their situation if you know what I mean.

I entered the main house to find it empty. I can hear Esme’s thoughts outside so she must be doing some gardening. Carlisle must have left for work. Bella went shopping with Alice and Rosalie. I feel sorry for Bella; she always hated it, one of things I love about her. Nessie is with Jacob at La Push. Again, I don’t know why I let Jacob into my daughter’s life.

I was trying to figure out where Lucas is since I couldn’t hear his thoughts. I was walking around the house when I heard the sound of piano playing, not just playing but beautifully too. Odd, the only person I know playing the piano are me and Nessie. I should know, I taught her how. So who is the one that is playing?  I found the room and my question was answered.

There he was sitting there with his hands on keyboard. His fingers were dancing around the keys in great rhythm and the sound he makes is something I’ve never heard in all my life. When he was done playing, I started clapping which made him jumped.

“Edward!” Lucas said. “I’m sorry, I just, I mean, I knew this is yours and I didn’t want to play without asking but my instincts got the best of me and so…”

I chuckled. “It’s okay Lucas, I don’t mind. I was impressed with the way you played. You’ve done this?”

“Yeah, I’ve been playing since I was eight.” Lucas said as I sat down next to him.

“What was that you were playing? I’ve never heard anything like that.” I asked.

Lucas looked downed at the piano and said, “It’s called A Thousand Years. It’s a song I wrote to my… my girlfriend, Meghan. We’ve dated for two years. I wrote this to her to show how much I love her. I’ve never met a girl who loved me so much. She died five months ago when this guy I knew from school ran her over and snapped her neck.”

My hand was on his shoulders. “I’m sorry man. It must have been rough for you. I mean first your family and now your girlfriend; you must have gone through a lot.”

“Yeah.” Lucas said. “My life has never been the same since then. She was my everything. Playing this song helps me be close to her, like she never left. I do anything to be with her.”

“I know what you mean.” Lucas gave me a questioned look. “When I heard that Bella once jumped off a cliff, I thought she killed herself and I wanted to die as well. Without her, my life was nothing because I couldn’t live without her. When I was about to kill myself, she stopped me. I was amazed and so happy that she survived.”

“Wow Edward, I didn’t know you would go through so much for Bella.” Lucas said.

“Believe me; Bella does crazier things to be with me. She can be very stubborn.” Lucas and I laughed.

“I guess women are willing to do anything to get our attention, huh.” Lucas said as he continued laughing. I didn’t need Jasper’s power to know that Lucas was starting to cheer up.

“Yeah I guess so.” I said. Once Lucas and I calmed down, I asked “Can you play that song again? I can show you a song I wrote for Bella.”

“Sure.” He said smiling. He started playing A Thousand Years which was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. After that, I played Bella’s lullaby. I haven’t been able to play that in awhile but it sounded just as beautiful as it always has.

“Edward, that was beautiful. Bella must’ve loved it.” Lucas said.

“She did.” I said. I really started to grow a fond of Lucas. Not only for having an interest in music, but for how he deals with a loss love.

Jasper’s POV

I was walking back to the main house after that little situation with Emmett. Let’s just say he’s taking a little swim down the river. I laughed, that’s what he gets for playing that little prank on me. As I continued walking, I stopped noticing Lucas and Edward were out as well. Edward was standing with a look of interest observing Lucas. This ought to be good. I thought.

Edward must have heard me as he said in my head. “It is. Check it out.”

I stood where I was looking very excited. At that moment, Lucas started doing some form sort of martial arts as he threw many kicks and punches in the air. He moved his arms in great form of offense and defense. Then Lucas started running to the nearest tree and climbed with his feet. My mouth dropped with amazement. I never expect a human to be this skilled and so agile, especially when he started jumping from tree to tree. During in-between jumps, he threw more kicks in midair making me speechless. On the last tree, he pushed off and did a couple of flips before he landed perfectly in such great form. Wow.

“I know right!” Edward said to me.

“Hey Lucas.” I yelled.

He looked around until he saw me. “Oh, hey Jasper. Were you watching all that?”

“Yeah, I saw everything. Those were really nice moves you got there.” I said as I walked over to him and Edward.

“Thanks man. I haven’t practiced in awhile though. That’s why I decided to do it just now. I might have been a little rusty though.” Lucas said as he scratches his head in embarrassment.

“Don’t be modest Lucas. From what we’ve seen, you were amazing.” Edward said smiling.

Lucas tries his best not to feel pleased about it but I knew he couldn’t.

“Any chance you could show me a few moves?” I asked.

“Sure.” Lucas said.

“Be careful Jazz.” I heard Edward thought.

“Don’t worry; I got this.” I thought to him.

Lucas and I were several feet apart. Edward stood by leaning on tree, arms crossed and looking very excited. Without any of my vampire speed and strength, I charged at Lucas. He dodged to my side. I turned to strike him but he grabbed my fist like he was expected that. Man this human paced can be annoying but what else can I do. Lucas, who still has a hold of my fist, then grabbed my arm and flipped me over landing on my back, I got back on my feet as he started coming at me with kicks and punches. I dodge and blocked every one of them until he went down and swift kicked me causing me to fall down again.

“Okay, you won that time.” I said causing him to laugh.

“Hey you were good yourself. You really anticipated my moves pretty well.” Lucas said as he held out a hand.

“Well I have been watching.” I said as I took it and got up. Edward came up and joined in.

“JASPER!”

We turned to see Emmett walking to us. He was soaked and pretty pissed to my amusement.

“What happened to you?” Lucas asked, although I could tell he was trying hard not to laugh.

“Jasper here thinks it’s funny to throw me into the river!” Emmett said as Edward, Lucas and I laughed.

“Well that’s your fault.” I said.

“Wait a minute; Jasper actually threw you in the river?” Lucas asked causing him to laugh even more. Probably thinking how a big guy like Emmett can be tossed so easily.

“Hey he caught me off guard!” Emmett defended.

“Whatever you say.” I said. Then a thought came to me. I heard a laugh knowing Edward heard what I was thinking. “Hey Emmett, I bet Lucas here can take you on. He did say he would kick your ass.”

Emmett’s POV

“Hey Emmett, I bet Lucas here can take you on. He did say he would kick your ass.”

Now it was my turn to laugh; Lucas kicking my ass? It’s too funny to even think about it. Don’t get me wrong, I admire his guts and all but there’s no way he’s got bite.

“Him, yeah right.” I said.

“I wouldn’t judge him so quickly Emmett, Lucas got serious skills.” Edward said smirking.

“Pff, puh-lease.” I scoffed showing off my muscles.

“Then I bet you a new car that Lucas is able to take you down, how’s that?” Jasper asked.

“Oh you’re so on!” I said cracking my knuckles. I can totally see myself in a new jeep.

“Don’t use your vampire abilities.” Edward said in my head.

Dude, I can take him on without it, no problem.” I thought.

“We’ll see about that.” Edward smirked at that sentence. I rolled my eyes. How tough can this guy be?

Lucas and I were several feet apart ready for action. Edward and Jasper backed up, both smirking at me. We’ll see who smirks in the end.

“Don’t hold back.” Lucas said grinning.

“Wasn’t planning to.” I said grinning as well. Lucas held out his hand telling me to come at him.

“Oh it’s on!” I thought. I started running at him, in human pace though, and made a grab for Lucas but he got down under me, pressed his arm to my stomach and flipped me over his shoulder as I landed on my back. I quickly got on my feet and charged at him again until he jumped over me. I turned around to strike him only he ducked and swift kicked me to fall on my back again.

I heard Edward and Jasper laughing at my irritation.

 Okay no more mister nice guy if you know what I mean. I thought. You know what they say, when you’re about to admit defeat, cheat.

I grabbed Lucas’s feet as I got up and held him upside. I watched as he struggled and try to hit me which he barely made contact. I would’ve won the bet, if he hadn’t tickled my stomach causing me to let go of him. He swift kicked me again as I landed on my back for the third time. Just then, Lucas came up to me so fast he pinned one hand on my arm and the other one tighten coming to my face. I closed my eyes and looked away, knowing it won’t really hurt. Nothing happened. I opened my eyes slowly seeing that Lucas’s fist was only a few inches away from hitting my nose.

“Gotcha.” Lucas said smirking. Edward and Jasper were still laughing from watching the scene. Lucas held out his hand for me which I took.

As I got up, I said, “You flipped me about three times so easily, played dirty when I had you and almost got me fooled thinking you were gonna punch me in face!” I glared at him making him feel uncomfortable. My glare turned to a smile.

“Get over here!” I said as I got his head under my arm ruffling his spiky brown hair of his and let go. “You got guts man, I like you for that.”

“Um thanks.” Lucas said.

“You owe me that new Audi.” Jasper said as he and Edward calmed down from laughing while walking up to us.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” I said.

“Nice job Lucas.” We looked around and saw Rosalie, Alice and Bella coming to us, must have return from their shopping trip.

“Were you all watching us?” I asked.

“Alice saw a vision of you getting your ass whooped. We assumed it was Lucas since she couldn’t see him.” Rosalie whispered to me as she came over and kissed me.

“Looks like I was right and we came in just in time to see you almost getting sucker punched.” Alice said hugging Jasper.

“You were amazing Lucas.” Bella said as Edward kisses her.

“Thanks guys.” Lucas said.

“Yeah you were great, but next time you won’t be so lucky.” I said.

“We’ll see.” Lucas said smirking at me as I smirk back.

Alice came up to Lucas and grabbed his hand. “Yeah we will see but right now Lucas, you need to try on the new clothes I got you.”

“Um, okay – whoa!” Lucas was soon being pulled by Alice leading him to the house. Oh man, I feel sorry for the poor guy.

This is going be so much fun with him hanging around.

Alice’s POV

I walked into the house with Lucas in one hand and a lot bags in the other. I saw what he wore yesterday and the clothes in his bag. Yes, I snuck into his room last night to see what he had. I can’t see him in my vision remember. I mean he’s got nice clothes and all, minus the one that got so much blood, but if he’s gonna be living with us, he’s got to dress like us. And that’s what I’m here for; Alice to the rescue. When we entered Lucas’s room, I threw him on his bed.

“You know I could walk myself.” Lucas said but I ignored him.

“Okay time for you to try these bad boys on.” I said as I toss him one of the bags in my hands. He pulled out some of the dark grey cotton shirt inside and I saw his mouth opened in amazement.

“Are these Levis?” He asked.

“Yeah, you’re familiar with it?” I asked excitedly.

“Yeah, I shop most of the time there.” Lucas explained. “I usually shop when I have free time, you know find things that interests me. I know, sounds weird for a guy but I got to look good on some occasions.”

I squealed excitedly. “No I totally get it. There’s nothing wrong with finding clothes for everything. Oh you and I are gonna be such great friends.” I ran up and hugged him as I was jumping up and down.

“I look forward for that but you need to calm down and can you let go of me now? I-can’t-breathe!” Lucas said as he was gasping for air.

“Oops, sorry.” I said letting go of him. Lucas tried on every clothes I bought for him for the next half hour and I’ll say he looks amazing in every one of them. Once we were done, Lucas, who was wearing a dark grey cotton shirt and dark faded jeans, started putting his new clothes in his closet and drawers.

“Thanks for all this Alice, but you really shouldn’t have done it.” Lucas said.

“Don’t be ridiculous, I love doing this. Especially when I get to dress people up. They love it too, they just won’t admit it.” I said smiling. “Also if you need clothes, don’t hesitate to ask me.”

“Okay but next time you go shopping for my clothes, I’m coming with you. In case you haven’t noticed, plain grey is not exactly my color if you didn’t see.” Lucas said.

“Well that blood took care of the last one right?” I said laughing at my little comment. Lucas seems to be laughing too.

I may not be able to see him in my visions, but I know he and I will be best of friends. Well, best of guy friends.

Rosalie’s POV

I’ve been in the garage for the past half hour working on my car; nothing wrong with my convertible, just making it even better. As I was finished, the door opened and Lucas came in.

“Oh, hi Rosalie, I didn’t you know you were in here.” He said.

“Hi Lucas.” I said. I looked at what he was wearing and smiled. “I see Alice had fun playing dress up with you.”

“If you mean being dressed up as a Barbie doll, then yes, she did have fun.” Lucas said.

“Then next time, let me help you with that. I love shopping as much as Alice but I don’t go that overboard like she does.” I said with a little laugh.

“So what were you doing?” Lucas asked.

“Just working on my vehicle, you know just making some enhancements.” I said.

“I didn’t know you do mechanics.” Lucas said very impressed.

“What, do you expect, a beautiful girl like me to be all girly and stuff?” I said sarcastically laughing.

“Hey I’m not one to judge. Believe it or not, a guy like me who’s this good looking,” I laughed at his little humor. “Is a nerd.”

“Well I find that hard to believe.” I said.

“I did swimming instead basketball and knew every secrets and cheats in every videogame I played. Try and deny that about me being a nerd.” Lucas said.

“I bet girls would go head over heels for you despite what you do.” I said once I calmed down the laughing.

“Well girls just judge me too easily. They hardly care about what I do, just how I look.” Lucas said. “I never had one proper girlfriend except when I had Meghan.” There was a hint of sadness as he said that name.

“Yeah, Edward told me how you lost her. I’m very sorry.” I said walking up to him.

“It’s okay.” Lucas said.

“You know Emmett wasn’t the first guy I dated.” I said.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I dated this guy Royce once. I thought we were meant to be, until I noticed how he never really loves me like my friend’s boyfriend does. Then one night, I was walking home from work and saw Royce with a couple of friends. They were idiotically drunk. I try to get away from them but I wasn’t fast enough to evade them. Next thing I know, I was left alone on the streets after Royce and his friends had their little fun. Luckily, I had them taken care of and things went well when I met Emmett. But that night with Royce really gave me nightmares, I could never get over it no matter how happy I try to be.”

There was silence until Lucas said, “Rosalie, you deserve to be with Emmett and I can tell that he loves you dearly. And Royce was a complete idiot for how he treated you. I think the only reason you keep having those nightmares was because you’re letting him get to you. You should try your best to forget about him and show yourself that you’re ready to move on with your life, especially with Emmett. I suggest listening to some break up songs.”

I was amazed at his advice. “Wow, Lucas, no one says that to me. Thank you and I know you’ll find girl who will love you just as Meghan has.”

Lucas smiled and said, “Thanks Rose. Well I’ll just let you finish your car. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah, see you later.” I said and with that he left. Just then my phone rang and I answered.

“You know I could’ve taken out that bastard for you back then if he were still here.” I heard Emmett said.

“I’m sure you would babe.” I said.

“You okay now?” Emmett asked.

“Actually, I’m all good now.” I said smiling. After talking with Lucas, the darkness that’s been haunting me has disappeared like he was able to cure me from what I was facing.

Bella’s POV

I decided for some alone time. Renesmee came back from La Push since Jacob has to work plus she wants to spend quality time with her father. That warms my heart seeing how Edward bonds with our daughter. I chose to go take a walk to mine and Edward’s meadow. It’s just one of our favorite places when we’re together. I arrived at the beautiful scenery when I noticed that I wasn’t alone and I smiled to know who it was; it was Lucas.

“Hey, Lucas.” I called walking up to him.

Lucas, who was sitting down, turned around to see who called until he saw me. “Oh, hey Bella. What are you doing here?”

“Well, this happens to be the place where Edward and I spend time together away from our family. It’s sort of our meadow.” I said.

“Oh sorry, I had no idea. I didn’t mean to trespass on your area.” Lucas said feeling embarrassed.

I chuckled. “It’s okay.” I said as I sat down next to him. “So what are you doing here?”

“I don’t know, I was just taking a walk when I came across this place. Never notice how beautiful it is. I just wish Meghan was here to see this.” Lucas said. Of course, Edward told me about his lost love. I would’ve been crying in tears if I was still human.

“You really miss her don’t you?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said. “I never show a picture of her to you guys have I?” He pulled what appears to be a small locket from in his shirt and handed it to me. I opened it; on the left side of his locket shows Lucas with a group of people who I assumed must be his family then on the right is him and Meghan very close together. Her name doesn’t lie what a beautiful person she is; with her long dark brown hair down to her shoulders, her smile shows her teeth of pearly whites, flawless skin for a human and judging from her expression, she was madly in love with him, the same way I am for Edward.

“She’s beautiful.” I said.

“If she were still here, she would appreciate that.” Lucas said smiling as I handed the locket back to him. “You know when I first came to this place, I almost felt like I could see Meghan clearly, like she never left me but she disappeared when I approached her. I guess coming here brought back sweet memories.”

“That happened to me too you know.” I said. “Once Edward left me and I was depressed for like months. I felt like there was a hole in my chest spreading so much pain. Then one time, I heard Edward’s beautiful voice when I notice a motorcycle group that I came across awhile back. This might sound crazy but I think that I could hear Edward the more I put myself in danger even though I promised him not to do anything stupid or reckless.”

“And that’s why you did cliff diving?” Lucas asked. “Edward told me you did something like that. No offense but that wasn’t exactly a very smart move.”

We both couldn’t hold our laughs. “Yeah it was a bad timing to do so. It was worth it though. But you should know that the ones we love are never gone, they always here with us and always watching. You may not be able to see your family and girlfriend for real but you know they are here, in your heart.” I said.

Lucas gave me a hug as he said, “Thanks Bella. You’re right you know, what you said earlier.”

We let go of each other as I said grinning. “Can you tell Edward that? I get tired of him when he says that he’s always right.”

Lucas laughed as he said, “I’ll try but you should know that I don’t like getting dragged in the middle of things between my good friends.” I felt touched at his kind words. He already considers me and my family his friends. I don’t think of him as just a friend, I think of him as a brother.

Jacob’s POV

“Let me get this straight, you were on full speed, the car flipped on the right side, obviously, and crashed into a tree?” I asked in disbelief.

I was talking to guy who looks like he’s seventeen and believe me, he looks like he’s into only two things; cars and girls but mostly cars.

“Look can you fixed the damn thing or not.” He asked. I looked at his car and saw that it had a huge dent to the side, the headlights were busted and smoke coming out the engine. How is it even standing here, okay?

I sighed as I explained. “Yeah but it does cost over a thousand to replace the engine and get it repaired.”

“Doesn’t matter, use my mom’s card.” He said giving me his mom’s credit card. Man shouldn’t he take responsibility to his own hands. I gave the card back to the guy after I charged him and he left afterwards without even a thank you. I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

I returned to the garage from my office where Quil and Embry are working. Right now in the garage there are only two cars; one which is almost done and the other one is in progressed.

“So how serious was it?” Quil asked coming out from underneath the car.

“What does $1600 sound like to you?” I asked smirking.

“Damn that much? We just keep making money more and more by the day.” Embry said working on the other car.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out saw a message from my girlfriend Nessie.

Coming over to see you. Bringing Lucas with me. Be there in about five mins. Miss you! Xoxoxo – Nessie

So Lucas is coming huh? I feel a little uncomfortable about this. I mean, I’m not showing hate to the guy but after the conversation with the Cullens, I can’t be sure. The best I could do now is to at least get to know him.

Cool, see you two then. :) Miss you too! Xoxoxo – Jacob

“Texting Nessie again?” Embry asked. 

“Yeah she’s coming over with Lucas.” I explained.

“That guy you and the Cullens were talking about?” Quil asked.

“The same one.” I said. Exactly five minutes later, my Nessie arrived with Lucas behind her.

“JAKE!”

Nessie jumped into my arms and I hugged her. God I miss her so much even if it has only been a few hours.

“Hey come on Nessie, some people need to work.” Embry said. I rolled my eyes as I put Nessie down. Embry would say that since he hasn’t imprinted someone. Him, Seth and Leah as far as I know. I don’t know the update on Brady or Collin. Seth still has time at his age and so does Embry. We still have no clue about Leah since she’s the only and first female to have ever phased. Sucks for her.

“Hey Jacob!”

“Hey Lucas.” I said.

“So this is what you do as your job?” Lucas asked looking around.

“Yep. It’s pretty much what we do all day.” I said politely. I motion the guys to come over. “Lucas these are my friends and co-workers Quil and Embry. Guys, this is Lucas.”

“Nice to meet you two.” Lucas said holding out his hand.

“Same here.” Embry and Quil both said shaking his hand.

“So what are we up to tonight?” Nessie asked me.

“Well I was thinking after work we could take another walk around La Push if you like.” I suggested.

“It doesn’t matter as long as I’m with you.” Nessie said giving me a kiss.

“Then it’s a date.” I smiled.

“Whoa!”

Nessie and I looked to see Lucas running up to the finished cars with his face in amazement.

“Is that a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL?” he asked excitedly.

“You recognized it?” Embry asked in shock.

“Of course.” Lucas said.

“How do you know so much about cars?” I asked looking surprised.

“My uncle’s a mechanic and he always spends time at home finding old cars and doing some upgrades with engines, sound system etc. My family buys the cars from him.  He taught me a bit when I was young.” Lucas explained. Now that I’m impressed. “What’s that over there?”

I looked to see where he was pointing at and noticed one of the cars we haven’t finished.

“That’s a 2000 Toyota, Corola.” Quil explained. “We’re doing some modifications to it. It’s sort of a side project when we have some free time in the shop.”

“Right now there are a few parts we need but we don’t have any and they don’t have it in Forks.” Embry said.

“I know a couple of friends of mine in Lacey that can get you those parts.” Lucas said.

“Really?” I asked stupidly. This guy impresses me by the minute.

“Yeah you just give me the price and let me handle it. I know how to make a good deal like these.” Lucas said.

“I like you!” Quil said.

“Dude you should work here!” Embry said. I didn’t know what to say because those two took the words right out of my mouth. I look to find Nessie looking very dumbstruck at what had happened which made me laughed.

After ten minutes, Lucas got off the phone to say the deal’s been set at the exact price we offered and will arrive in a few days. We closed shop at seven and I told Nessie that tonight was my turn to patrol and that I’ll see her later tonight. She and Lucas left as we said goodbye.

“Okay I don’t know what you guys were talking about. Lucas is a great guy.” Quil said.

“Hey you were having doubts about him too.” Embry said.

I laughed as I listen to those two arguing. Okay, I admit, Lucas really impresses me about himself.

Renesmee’s POV

Lucas and I were walking home from Jake’s workshop. I still can’t believe Lucas knows so much about cars. Is there anything else I don’t know about him? I mean my dad told me he’s good on the piano and took out Uncle Emmett without a sweat and he loves to shop like Aunt Alice. This guy’s full of surprises. I turn to see Lucas, who turned his head quickly, looking at me in a way which is weird. He’s been like that on way to Jake’s and it doesn’t look like he’s crushing on me. This got me curious.

“Lucas, are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah I’m fine.” He said.

“I know you were looking at me.” I stopped where I was at. “Care to tell me why?”

He stopped too with his hand over his head. “Y-nah, it sounds silly.”

“Oh come on, I won’t laugh. Please!” I said putting my puppy face. It always works when I want something. Thank you Aunt Alice.

He looked at me and I can hear his heart making a sound as if it was melting. Wonder what’s that about?

“Lilly did the same thing to me when she wants to play dress up.” Lucas said. “To be honest Nessie, you remind me a lot like my sister, not in a bad way though. She laughs when she’s happy, her eyes are the same shape as yours as well your hair. Talking to you always make me feel better the same with Lilly. Seeing you, it’s like I have my little sister back. What I’m trying to say is that I think of you as my sister and I’m always gonna be there for you if you need me.”

I threw my arms around him so fast he didn’t see it coming. Tears were coming out eyes as I held him so tight. I had no idea he would think of me as his sister. I mean, I pretend to people that my families are my siblings, but Lucas is being a real brother to me.

“Lucas, I already think of you as my big brother.” I said. We let go of each other and then Lucas gave me a kiss on the forehead. He looks like he felt guilty for doing it. I giggled understanding why. I’m sure Jake will understand.

“Come Lucas, everyone’s probably waiting right now.” I said.

“Yeah okay.” Lucas said. We came home inside and saw my family is here. Dad looked at me. “Carlisle wants to talk to us and Jacob about Lucas once he goes to bed.”

“Okay.” I wonder what it is about.

Once Lucas and I finished dinner grandma made for us, Lucas decided to go bed and wished everyone good night. Jacob arrived an hour later and once we heard that Lucas was asleep, grandpa began.

“So judging what has happened to you all today. You spent the day getting to know Lucas and he shows a great effect to you all. You believed him not to be some sort hazard but a great person with a great heart and such talent.” Grandpa explained. “I did say if things go well with Lucas we would officially consider him as part of this family. However I believe it’s fair that we put a vote to it. So, what do you guys think?”

“Yes.” Grandma said immediately.

“Definitely yes.” Daddy said.

“Are you seriously giving me a choice to say no? Yes!” Uncle Jasper said.

“I say hell yeah!” Uncle Emmett said.

“Uh hello of course I say yes!” Aunt Alice said.

“I say yes.” Aunt Rosalie said.

“How can I say no to him? Yes.” Mom said.

“I would be an idiot to say no. So yes.” Jake said.

“I’ve already consider him as family. Yes.” I said.

“And I vote yes.” Grandpa said. “So it’s official, we tell Lucas the good news tomorrow.” Everyone agreed.

“I see party!” Aunt Alice squealed and took off. No doubt shopping plans.

“I think we should also tell Lucas about who we really are. Just so here knows.” Daddy said.

“Oh I love to see that.” Uncle Emmett said smirking.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Hi guys sorry this took so long. Wasn’t easy putting all this down especially writing a scene for every character but I hope you enjoy it and thank you for your patience.

Also yes the song A Thousand Years is a song from the Twilight movie.

Which character’s POV did you like? Please review! The next chapter will be awesome. Trust me! :)

 

 

You must login (register a new account) to review.