This challange is to see who can write the best x-men/ twilight crossover story.
The catch is Bella HAS to be Logans daughter! it has to be a full story, NO ONE-SHOTS! must be a Bella/Edward story. The rest is up to you the writer. Be creative and inventive with your ideas. The story can take place in any time frame of either series.
Also the chapters have to be posted atleast once a month! each chapter has to have a minimum of 1,000 words!
;) now what are yoou waitin for? get to writing! ;)
Categories: Crossover Characters: None
The contest theme is 'Musical Cues'... pick a song, any song. Write a one-shot that brings that song to life in full-blown technicolor, or sepia tones or black and white. Just make us feel it.
You must provide a link to your song so readers can listen along while they read. This is a Twilight contest, but we are allowing Crossovers and/or your own original characters during this theme. At least one of the main characters of the one-shot must be from the Twi-Universe; the rest is up to your imagination and creativity.
Submission Dates: Entries will be accepted from November 15, 2010 until midnight EST on December 8, 2010. **The Deadline for use of our beta services is December 6, 2010.
Voting Dates: Voting will take place from December 13th through December 18, 2010, at which time the poll will be closed and the winner announced.
Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules:
CONTEST RULES-Short Version
Most queries can be answered by reading the contest rules, however, if you still need something clarified, please send an email to:
Polling will be hosted on our fanfiction.net page. You will need an FF.net account in order to vote:
*The admins reserve the right to adjust contest submission and/or voting dates if necessary.
FreeWriter's One-Shot Contest Rules-Long Version
1. The one-shot must be between 2500 and 15000 words and fit the theme of the current contest. *Authors are welcome to submit multiple entries.
2. Must be a new, original one-shot that has never been posted anywhere before, and cannot be an outtake from an existing story.
3. Stories can be any genre (see link below) and rating as long as the story meets the requirements of the theme of the current contest.
4. We highly recommend utilizing a beta to go over your story and correct any errors. While FreeWriters and Readers does not require stories be beta'd, many readers are put off by sloppy grammar and punctuation. If you choose to submit a story unbeta'd, you do so at your own risk. If you do not have a beta of your own, we offer limited beta services. (Please see details below under 'Beta Services')
5. Contest admins are not eligible to vote or participate in the contests, however; betas are allowed to vote and participate due to the fact that all submissions will remain anonymous.
6. All submissions must remain anonymous. This means that only the author may submit their own story, authors may not advertise their story here or at any other site and may not discuss with their friends which entry is theirs. Author notes are allowed as long as they are relevant to the story but cannot contain any hints as to the identity of the author. Any author note deemed to be unnecessary or unrelated to the story may be removed at the discretion of the admins.
This does not mean that the story must remain anonymous from the admins of the contest. It is helpful for us to know the user name of the author of each story for the purposes of announcing the title and author of each story after polling has closed.
7. Collaborations are welcome, however; both authors must be a member of this group in order to participate and must follow all rules set forth for the contest. If you write a collaboration, please indicate that when submitting and let us know the user name of both authors.
8. Submissions can't be changed once they have been received, so please make sure you are satisfied with your story before submitting.
9. Authors are responsible for their own story formatting. (Please see details under: 'Submitting Your One-Shot')
10. Anyone found to be cheating will be disqualified from the contest. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned from participation.
11. Only one vote per user is permitted. (See details under: 'Voting')
12. Authors are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the rules and regulations of the contest. Failure to understand the rules does not excuse anyone from being required to follow them. If you are unsure of anything, please feel free to ask one of the admins.
We encourage authors to use their own beta to be certain they are satisfied with their entry before submission. Please be sure if you do use an outside beta, that they are discreet. You will be disqualified if your beta leaks your identity.
If you don't have your own beta, but would like your story looked over for grammar and punctuation errors, we have limited beta services available. Our betas will be given entries anonymously, and they will not be returned to the author after being beta'd. There will be no interaction between the authors and our betas. Betas are not available to do re-writes or fix flaws in the story; they will simply address any glaring errors in grammar and punctuation. Stories found to have an excessive number of errors will require the use of a full-service, personal beta and are not eligible for our beta service. Authors are responsible for spell checking their own entry; use of our beta service is simply for minor clean up, and everyone has access to a spell checker.
There won't be a choice of betas when utilizing our service. After your story is posted to the site, if there is an issue you feel was due to one of our betas, please email one of the admins and it will be looked into.
SUBMITTING YOUR ONE-SHOT:
1. When you are happy with your story, please submit to:
2. In the subject line, please include: the Contest Theme you are entering for, the rating of your story and, if you would like your story beta'd, please include the word BETA in capitals.
3. At the top of your one-shot, please include the following (5) pieces of information:
Beta: (if you want it beta'd by us it must say FreeWriters, if you are using your own beta you need to provide their identity, and if you choose not to beta at all it must say Unbeta'd) If you leave this field blank, your entry will be returned to you for correction.
**It would be helpful for us to know your user name on FreeWriters since your email address may not tell us who you are.
6. Remember, once you submit your story it cannot be modified. Entries may be returned to an author, at the discretion of the admins, if corrections need to be made (such as missing HTML formatting or incorrect file format) ONE time. Submissions must be received at the above email address by the end of the submission period in order to be considered. *Submissions may be posted on the site by the admins after the submission period ends if they are being beta'd and/or validated, but rest assured, no further entries are being accepted past the deadline.
7. Please attach the submission to your email in .doc format. If you don't have access to Microsoft Word, OpenOffice is a great free alternative. Please go to www.openoffice.org to download.
8. IMPORTANT! Authors are responsible for their own HTML formatting. If you want something in bold, italics, etc. you must add in the HTML codes before submitting your story. The way the story is received is the way it will be posted. *No special colors or fonts are allowed.*
For new authors who have not posted a story before, please contact the admins if you need assistance with this.
9. If there are any unique identifiers that would allow your regular readers to easily recognize your story (such as separating each paragraph with *%*%*% or if your style of writing includes grammar quirks or catch phrases that would tip off your readers) you might want to take care to omit those from your one-shot entry. Obvious signature identifiers may cause your submission to be disqualified from the contest. Banners are not permitted since visual aids might influence readers toward a particular story.
The entry and voting periods for each contest will be posted on the contest group.
We are dedicated to bringing our talented authors a fun and fair contest with no possibility of favoritism or unethical activity. A contest page has been set up on fanfiction.net which is where voting for our contests will take place. Fanfiction.net provides double-blind polling which ensures several things:
1. Nobody can see the voting or percentage of votes for each story while voting takes place including the admins of the contest.
2. Only one vote per user will be allowed by the servers at FF.net and even the admins have no access to who a particular user has voted for.
3. There is no way to 'tinker' with the results of the poll, thus ensuring a completely fair and honest result.
4. The poll automatically rotates the entry names so the same story isn't always listed first or last.
A link to the poll created for the contest will be provided on the group once voting has opened.
We are partnering with the graphics and banner groups on FreeWriters. The winner of each contest theme will receive a custom made banner for their story made by one of these talented ladies!
*In the event of a tie, both authors will receive a banner.
If the vote is extremely close (within a few points) the author that did not win may receive recognition at the discretion of the admins. If an entry wins by an overwhelming number of votes, or a story is particularly unusual, the admins may decide to do a mini-interview with the author.
If there are any issues that arise, feel free to contact the admins. Please note that decisions made by the admins will be final.
We hope you enjoy the contest. If you have any ideas for future themes or have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to send us an email to:
Sandy A.K.A. "SandytheSandstorm"
Categories: Twilight, Crossover Characters: None
Who doesn't love a good Scandal?
I sure do and that brings me to this challenge, I want all contestants to write a scandalous forbidden romance story. I hear you all saying already "that's easy, that's been done, blah blah blah" but! what I want is for you to take it a step further I want you to do a cross over Fic that's right this is a crossover competition pic two of your favorite books, movies, tv shows even mix and match between the three and let the creativity run freely.
Notes to know:
- It can be any cross over you would like, Twilight, The Vampire Dairies, Glee, True Blood, The Hunger games, Gossip girl, Once upon a Time, Scandal, Nikita, Revenge, Lost girl, Grey anatomy, anything you want.
- By forbidden romance I mean two partners that are not supposed to be together due to a giant obstacle Ideas you ask?
- Enemy sides.
- We have kissing cousins, best friends ex's there are worlds of possibilities! So anything like that because who doesn't enjoy a little angst?
- Must be a cross-over
- Must have the line "We all do terrible things"
- Must be a new story no old submissions
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be at minimum 5000 words no maximum
- Must be a one shot
- The story does not have to have a complete end it can leave off leaving readers mind to wonder J
- All forms welcome, AH, AU, Slash, etc.
- They do not need to follow the original story line at all BUT! You must keep the characters true to their nature
- All ratings welcome lemons aren't required but are encouraged.
- No beta required
- 2 entry's per person
- Collabs welcome but they count as 1 entry
How to Enter
- Once your one shot is completed you must post it on your profile (FF.net TWCS Wordpress) whatever avenue you use for your stories and then pm MissFictionJunkieUnknown (FF.net & TWCS) about your submission or Email your link to the email address below
- 1st place -Banner (One Shot) + Banner (for Personal story) + $10 Amazon Gift Card
- 2nd place-Banner
- 3rd place Certificate of recommendation
- All contestants will be graded on a scale of 1-10 in these categories
- Vivid and imaginative descriptive details are present
- Character development
- Spelling & Grammar
- Setting, characters, and plot are fully fleshed out, vibrant, and connected
- Flow of action is logical and deliberate
- Judges are to be announced at the end of the contest along with the tally of each section
Voters Choice! there will be a poll open once the challenge is complete for the Readers choice award winner will receive an $5 Amazon Cift card. Particpents will recieve notice of when polling begins.
CONTEST OPEN UNTIL 04/30/14!!!
Categories: Crossover Characters: None
Do you have free time? do you like dark fics? then here is the answer: write a one shot for whatever you want it to be how long it can it has to be over 1,000 words, you need it done by the end of December. It also has to be a fanfiction or one of your own it can be, non cannon, cannon couples, also winner gets, an interview, a blog spot light, also a banner or blinkie just a flashy one not an animation. So if you want to give it ago then try it!. This is a fanfiction also OOC: your own people you created it can be a one-shot or multi chapters
Want to then fill out the forum here
There will be two judges including myself so thank you for at least signing up!
Categories: Original Fiction, Twilight, All Human, Drama, Canon Pairings, Crackfic, Crossover, NaNoWriMo Characters: None