Ok I'm having trouble writing a book I really want written, so I need help from all of you to give me ideas, tips, or write sections yourself.
The book is about a girl, McKayla, who is a stripper (like at a strip club) she has a 3 year old son named Gavin. Gavin's father, Jake, dumped her in High School when he found out she was pregnant and she left to support herself and her son with the only job she could get. Her friend is Nicole, she is seventeen and works with McKayla. Nicole has a 4 month old baby girl named Jenny. McKayla runs into Jake through work when his friends take him to the Strip Club for his batcholor party (his bride to be is Lillie, his frends are Max and Randy). McKayla runs off, but Jake wants to find her, she is resestant because (well duh) he dumped her. He evenntually has to take car of her one night because he finds her drunk. He takes her home and bonds with his son, realizes he missed out on a lot, falls in love with McKayla (and out of love with Lillie) and doesnt even realize it untill an hour before his wedding. He leaves to find McKayla (she is still resistant, he kisses her, she changes her mind, I know its cleshe) and thats the story I want to write. but I suck at it everytime I try so I need your help. Here are a list of characters and descriptions:
McKayla: Looks like Megan Fox. Tough, grew up poor. Her father was shot when she was 11. Her mom remerried and her step dad beat her younger sister, Ally, to death. Mckayla left when she got pregnant.
Gavin: Blonde hair, blue eyes (from his dad) hes three jst bableing, doesnt talk much.
Nicole: Curly blonde hair, skinny, takes care of her baby most of the book, not a very big role. But she is Mckalya's BFF. Jennie is her daughter.
Jake: Blonde hair (short and spikey) blue eyes, tan, lean, smart, funny. His friends can be customized (their names, hair color personality...)
Lillie: Kind of snobby and spoiled. Skinny, light skinned very light blond hair wich she curls or flattens depending on mood (we dont know which is her natural) she has a rich daddy and her mom died when she was 8.
Ok anyone else you can add and make up and yeah. Have fun!
Categories: Young Adult, Romance Characters: None
This story should be about sophmore high school students. so they are like 14-16. I needs to have at least 5 major characters--3 boys and 2 girls. It should be about the real life of teenagers--drugs, sex, alcohol, cutting. It must include fights and crying. This story is supossed to be about 15 chapters long.
If there are any questions email me. Tru3instinxx@yahoo.com I check regularly.
If I was able to write this I would. But I lack all writing ability.
Thank you. and Please try create this story. It would be truly amazing.
Categories: Romance, Original Fiction, Young Adult, Humor, Drama Characters: None
- No Entry Fee is required. All rights to the stories remain the property of the author. There are 12 categories available for entry.
- Holiday romance - Easter, Valentines, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc
- Sport romance - Football, basketball, rugby, golf, etc.
- Men in Uniform - sexy men and women in uniform.
- Dominance and submission Romance - BDSM.
- YA High School Romance – Keep the language appropriate.
- Love and Faith series - religious romance.
- Happily Ever After series... fairy tale romance.
- For the love of Supernatural.
- Dangerous Liaisons – Suspense/Thriller Romance
- Mysterious Love – Mystery Romance
- Romantic Comedy – Chick/Lad-lit
- Tragic Affairs - Books built around a tragedy and betrayal
- Only one entry per category allowed. Each story can have co-authors, as long as they are only entering once per category. No more than three entries per author.
- All entries must be original works. Entries cannot have been published before in any way, including FanFiction. All works have to be written in English.
- To be eligible for entry to the contest, the works must have posted at least 20,000 words in total, but no more than 25,000. Authors can start posting anytime after the 20th of May 2011 at 00:01 CST and ENDING by the 10th of August 2011 23:59 CST on TWCS library, under the original category in the correct group and you must click on the ‘Respond to the challenge' button under contests.
- There is no limit to the amount of chapters submitted, as long as the word count adds up to at least 20,000 by the end of the 10th of August 2011. The maximum is 25,000 word count.
- Stories entered are not to be completed, but between 20,000 and 25,000 words. Stories do have to be submitted by the 10th of August 2011, and the writer(s) may continue the story after voting has been completed.
- Prize for TWCS choice: publishing contract
- Prizes for popular public vote: TWCS mug and banner.
- Prize for encouragement award: TWCS mug and banner.
- Button for everyone who entered and completed the challenge
- Voting will begin on the 11th of August 2011. Depending on number of entries this will be broken into category groups and will go up on the TWCS news to notify when voting starts for that category.
- Legal Details
- This contest is free to enter, and open to the general public.
- TWCS authors may enter, but will not be eligible for a publishing contract.
- Authors who have been signed with another publishing house are free to enter, but please check with your publisher/agent to ensure you are legally able to do so, per your own contract. You will also be exempt from winning a contract with us.
- Authors who are being considered for a publishing contract must be able to provide an outline for the remaining chapters of their novel.
- Final word count for a novel to be considered for a publishing contract must be between 55,000 and 80,000 words. For novels over that length, you may query separately, to be published outside of the Romance series.
- Non compliance with any of the rules will result in disqualification. Authors who do not disclose publishing contracts will also be disqualified. For questions or to confidentially disclose contract information, please email RomanceSeries@thewriterscoffeeshop.com and be sure to include “Romance Contest” in the subject line.
Categories: Original Fiction, Romance Characters: None